Hemorrhoids, also called piles, are a highly common medical condition that affects about 50% to 66% of the population. Sometimes they can even go away by themselves, without treatment. However, if you want to improve your comfort and get rid of the disturbing symptoms, there are a few remedies you should try.
What are hemorrhoids?
The lower part of the rectum and anus have a very rich blood supply through the veins located in the area. When those veins get swollen, hemorrhoids appear. The walls of the veins are extensible, and they can stretch especially when there’s extra pressure added to the walls. They can become so thin that the veins bulge. It is particularly true when you experience bowel movement.
Unfortunately, due to the thin walls, the veins can rupture and cause bleeding. They are not a serious medical threat as they can heal themselves in a few weeks. There are two types of piles:
- Internal hemorrhoids – inside the rectum; you can’t see nor feel them, and they don’t cause any pain, but they can be responsible for bleeding
- External hemorrhoids – they appear around the anal area, under the skin and they can be very painful
A very important complication of external hemorrhoids is thrombosis. It means that a blood clot formed and the pile becomes blue. It can be very painful and also causes itching and bleeding.
Remedies for hemorrhoids
Many natural remedies can help you relieve the symptoms of piles and calm down the inflammation on that region. Some of them include:
- Aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut): it was highly used around European countries to treat especially disorders affecting the veins of the legs. The extract of it can be very helpful to treat hemorrhoids as well because they are a variety of varicose veins. Studies prove that it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties, causing the irritation and swelling to diminish. They also limit the formation of new blood vessels to prevent any further hemorrhoids and also offer protection against fungal and bacterial infections.
- Stone root: it’s a venous tonic which treats the irritated membranes. It makes the capillary flow strong and improves the circulation in all your body, especially in your throat and rectum. It is very efficient for impaired blood circulation, like in hemorrhoids.
- Arnica: it’s a great ingredient to reduce the pain and inflammation. It aids the healing process of the tissues surrounding the affected area.
You can also try products that contain highly concentrated amounts of natural ingredients such as Venapro. It has horse chestnut, stone root, arnica and many other herbs to treat your symptoms successfully. You can use it in its oral form or topical. They will both get absorbed, and the active substances will travel through the bloodstream to the affected area, getting rid of the pain and itching. It will also stop any bleeding and minimize the inflammation.
Sometimes hemorrhoids can be so painful that you can’t even sit or go to the toilet. They can significantly reduce the quality of your life, and for that, you should try these very effective homeopathic remedies for hemorrhoids.